Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DONE!

Well as of Friday, I have successfully completed my first Level 2 Fieldwork!! I never would have imagined that i would have loved it as much as I did. I am truly blessed to have been placed at Springtree and to have met the wonderful people that I met. On thursday, my supervisor and the other OT staff threw me a surprise party with yummy food and a cookie cake! It was so nice of them and I was completely surprised. Also on Friday, I gave them each a small thank you gift and card.  This is what I made for each of the OT's and COTA's:

Luckily I pinned this idea on Pinterest a while back and was able to use it! I had originally thought I was going to use vinyl and my friends Cricut machine to put each of their initials on a mug. But because her Cricut was being used by a family member out of town- this was plan B! I actually liked it a lot better than just their initials anyways and they seemed to really like them too! All you need is a mug (I found these at TJ Maxx for $2/each) and sharpees. Once you write on the mug, they go in the oven for 30min at 350 degrees to make it 'permanent'. They do need to be handwashed after they have been used tho- apparently the dishwasher messes up the writing/drawing.

Anyways, that was on Thursday. On Friday I saw my final patients, said my 'Goodbyes' and my supervisor and I had our final meeting to go over how she evaluated me and my eval of the fieldwork site. I honestly couldn't believe how high she rated me on the AOTA form. I was shocked to see the final percentage, especially when the form itself says that 4's are very rare, and here she is giving me all 4's and two 3's.  She said she didn't think she has ever rated a student that high...which makes me feel pretty proud.
She also took me to speak with the HR person about working there doing PRN work (unless a full time OT spot opens up) when I get back from my next placement. Will definitely look into that because I just loved the facility and everyone so much, and by the end of the placement it felt like I worked there already anyways.

Now that I'm on a two week break, I have just been relaxing and getting prepared for my next affiliation. I'm moving down to Newport News next Thursday- eeek it's SO soon!!! Will keep you posted on how that goes!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

WWWWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats lady. I am just getting into my Anatomy classes, do you have any pointers on how to retain the enormouse about of information that I am given?

Post a Comment